July 22, 2013

Living Room Project Update

This weekend I finally mustered up the courage to buy a rug for my living room. After much thought, I decided to go with a Jute rug over a cowhide or beni. I found a VERY reasonably priced 100% Jute at World Market and it fits just perfectly in my space! I have been slowly but surely collecting new items for this room, but the process has slowed down a bit due to busy schedules and budgeting. Below I have some loft updates, in case you missed the before pictures you can check them out here

I still have many ideas I would to execute in the months to come, stay tuned as I transform this space!


I can't wait to add more color to this monochromatic theme. I need an accent chair, two poufs, and more pillows to complete the look.


I am lucky enough to live directly across the street from a flower shop! I went a little flower crazy on Saturday, and I don't regret it...




I added a new coffee table book to my collection, "Its All Good" by Gwyneth Paltrow. There are some great recipes in here!



This gorgeous bronze vase is a Nate Berkus from Target. I am in love with his Target collection!


Flowers in the kitchen :)



  If you are local to the Bay Area, go try Blue Bottle Coffee. It is excellent- Scott and I are obsessed!


Scott and I enjoyed some Gentleman Jack bourbon on Saturday while watching the documentary "Helvetica". Both the bourbon and the documentary I would highly recommend :)

Hope you all had a great weekend and cheers to a great week ahead!

9 comments:

  1. Love Jute rugs. I have one underneath my kitchen table and just a little FYI my dog had an accident on it and I figured it was ruined but took it outside and hosed it off and it was good as new! I was just thinking today how I need to get Gwyneth's new cook book! Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! The rug is perfect!!It's coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how simple this is!!!!! The fresh flowers add the best touch too! Well done! Really coming together.

    xo,
    Mary
    www.mas-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO is this your space? VERY COOL! It looks great!

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your rug pick! Very classy. Is it cozy to walk on, though? That would be my only concern.

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules- Surprisingly it is comfortable! That was a worry of mine as well when I went the Jute route :)

      Delete
  6. Great rug! It's so smart to just build over time. You'll end up getting pieces you really love instead of settling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dark wood.


    www.northernstyleexposure.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't World Market have the best stuff and great prices? Love that store!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)

div align="center"> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...