June 5, 2013

Loft Living: An Urban Girl's Paradise




How to decorate 1200 sq feet of open space on a budget?


Craigslist. Antique Fairs. Etsy. 


Lofts are a different entity and it is important to understand the history of the space, as well as take full responsibility for the openness of the layout and it's differentiating features.


My unique Oakland loft-in-progress is a beautiful two level space with an exposed cement column, hardwood floors, and an iron railing staircase. My project for the next few months is to scour local antique and thrift stores for my gem pieces! 


On my list of loft must haves:





Must have: To add some rustic charm to a modern space, an industrial style coffee table is the perfect solution. I found some great pieces on Etsy and Joss & Main.


Must have: I adore Beni rugs for their ethnic and classic touch. These rugs range from extremely expensive to somewhat reasonable. I found some great looking Beni's at some not so crazy prices at  West Elm, One Kings Lane, and Etsy!



Must have: Canvas art for vibrancy!

 ^ This artist photographed ME a few years ago ;) 

Jamali is an internationally know artist who is collected by celebrities like Oprah and Tiger Woods. He was named one of "The Most Fascinating People in the World" by GQ Magazine in 2001.


Shop this board:
{Art}: [Jamali Gallery]  {Loft image}: [Loft Image] 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day :)

div align="center"> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...